Transition Information

Do you have questions about transition from school to adulthood? The Institute for Innovative Transition offers Information and Referral support to:

  • Individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities ages 12 and older
  • Families
  • Schools
  • Colleges
  • Adult service providers

Here are some examples of areas with which we can assist you:

  • Navigating the transition process
  • Understanding postsecondary options including college and employment
  • Referring you to and providing contact information for local agencies and support services
  • Supporting your advocacy efforts for services and supports
  • Vocational information regarding assessments, options and services
  • Independent living information
  • Accessible transportation

For more information, contact us at the Institute for Innovative Transition by phone: (585) 276-7079
or email: